Saturday, August 26, 2017

Controlling intensity

ok.......between the a-fib and bouts of tachycardia, I have found heart rate monitors to be unreliable, rendering wildly inaccurate and meaningless readings...........new method.......I have found that if I periodically count my respiration rate per minute I can control my intensity and stay in a mild aerobic zone that my age and condition requires.........first I have established a consistent deep breathing techinique that requires nasal inhalation and combined nasal and mouth exhalation.......for this method to work I never get into a situation where I am gasping or shallow breathing.......having established this teqnique, I limit my respiration rate(breathes per minute) to 14..........after a few days of practice I don't even need a watch, or to even count.......the rhythm and depth of breath is easily recognizable.......okay.....so how does one improve without pushing the envelope?.......well, the working theory is that repeated training bouts maintaining these parameters results in gradual increase in cardiac efficiency, resulting in improved performance at the same perceived and quantified( 14 breaths per minute) effort level........practical for someone training to be a world beater?........nope......usable for a 60+ hanger-onner with cardiac issues?.....we'll find out......annnnnnnd out

No comments: